Can you give a list of all the "heavy burdens" (Matt 23:2-6) the rcc placed on men by adding into Scriptures?

• Doug

The Catholic Church hadn't even been "born" at that time, before Pentecost. That scripture speaks of the Pharisees of Jesus' time and all the self-serving additions they made to the Law of Moses, which further oppressed 1st century Roman occupied Judea-Samaria.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • norine3 weeks agoReport

Only A FOOL would DEVIATE from "our examples" (I Cor 10:11) the children of Israel who were "baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea" (I Cor 10:1-2) and NO ONE GOT WET (Exd 14:16;22) and "Did all eat Spiritual meat and drank Spiritual drink" (I Cor 10:34) like the rcc did by ENTWINING LIES

• Paul

The Catholic Church cannot "add to the scriptures" because the scriptures clearly record that Jesus Christ told the leaders of the one Church He founded "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". The Church He founded is the one source of truth He gave to us, whether it later decided to gather some of its writings into a book or not. Speaking of "adding to scripture", how's it going with the "Bible only" tradition? Thousands of manmade denominations, each claiming to teach from "the Bible alone", yet the teaching of each one contradicting the teaching of the others. Truth cannot contradict truth, so apparent "Bible alone" doesn't work, which we should expect since it is an unbiblical tradition of men.

• abdul
      3 weeks agoReport

Yes, you've posted that several times already. I get that you think you are the authority on scripture, but only you think that. Poor Jesus is probably doing a face palm in heaven with every garbled post you write. Behind me Satan.

• abdul

Don't be ridiculous. The RCC CHOSE the original scriptures in the 4th century after the Romans made Christianity legal. In the 16th century, the edited and abridged version of the bible you are accustomed to became the sole authority on earth of the protestant reformers. They chose to abridge Christianity to suit their new religions.

• abdul
      3 weeks agoReport

You are the fool, Jesus didn't "command" anything in Timothy you quote. St. Paul suggested to his friend Timothy. All these scriptures you keep thumping at us are misused, misunderstood, and out of context. BEHIND ME SATAN.

That passage

was speaking literally

of the Scribes and Pharisees

not figuratively

nor of Christians

and certainly not specifically of the Roman Catholic Church.

• norine3 weeks agoReport

I never thought about that verse before but I think I used to do that - I guess I should stop. 

• norine3 weeks agoReport

I don't need to find fault in other beliefs to prove mine is correct. I have faith all will come together under God.

• norine3 weeks agoReport

"FAITH" (((ONLY)) comes from GOD (Rm 12:3) as a "Spiritual gift" (I Cor 12:9) AFTER Holy Spirit baptism (I Cor 12:13) because "JESUS is the AUTHOR and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2).

READ SOMETIMES instead of believing that shyt you've MADE UP in your head.