Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Does doing pushups first reduce your bench?

I put up more then my body weight on the a bench machine one day, and then yesterday I rode 20 miles on a bike, did 100 pushups, and jogged a mile, and could not put up my body weight on the bench machine when I was finished!

If your muscles are already kind of tired, yes, you'd likely be benching less.

Yeah. They work the same muscles so when you fatigue those muscles doing pushups you wont be able to bench as much. 

Of course it does

unless what you typically bench is a lot more than your body weight.

You can do aerobic exercise before lifting (and should do at least enough to "warm up").

For example: riding a bike or jogging is OK as long as you don't ride or run so long that you exhaust your leg muscles. If you do exhaust them then you won't be able to lift nearly as much with your leg muscles (generally: some leg muscles aren't exhausted in running...)

If you want to ride or run or pushup to exhaustion, do that AFTER you lift.

• Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

That's a good idea. I read about guys doing 300 pushups a day, or lifting and doing pushups and I was wondering how because if I do 300 pushups I get sore for almost a week. Then I saw a guy do 100 pushups a day challenge on YouTube but he wasn't doing correct form pushups.I touch my chest to ground