promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What do you think of having illegitimate children?

I’m one as my parents weren’t married and I was born on accident when they were in their early 20’s. I have mever thought anything of it but it seems like a big deal to some.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on the circumstances. If two people have a longstanding domestic relationship, both are financially independent and committed to living together and raising a child I don't look askance at them not marrying first. But far too many "illegitimate" children are born into non relationships to people who can't afford them and that's when you have to kind of roll your eyes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it happens, i dont see anything wrong with them being that way

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It should not be a big deal to anyone in this day and age.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Bastard". "Love child". "Born on the wrong side of the blanket". "Bastardy". These are all terms used to describe children who get conceived and born to parents that aren't married at the time of either event, which the children have no control over. Blaming the child of such a union, as human beings are wont to do, makes no sense whatsoever. It's THE PARENTS of such children who should be stigmatized, NOT the children themselves.

If you were the product of an "accident with birth control", then that doesn't automatically mean you were a "bastard", especially if your parents married after you were born. You still had and will have the same rights that you would if they'd been married at the time you were conceived.

And the whole concept of 'illegitimacy" is something that is rapidly disappearing, especially in this day and age when there are so many non-traditional families. It has become normal for women to be single parents and raise kids alone, or to never marry at all. Same sex marriage is now the law of the land in the US, thanks to the Supreme Court decision that legalized it in 2015. And single parent adoptions, which were once frowned upon and even illegal, are now accepted.

• 2 months agoReport

What does love child mean? What fo they mean by born on the wrong side of the blanket?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No big deal.legitimate or illegitimate is a matter of man made laws.illegitimacy does not affect you anyway.There were many great men in the past who were born out of wedlock..

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yes, there have been a few successful bastards.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.