Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

How is it to be a young mom?

I would say that you are/were a young mom if you had your kid at 25 ir below and I’m just curious. My mom had me at 21 and I would like to hear experiences from other women and potentially know how my mom’s lide was back then running after a child at 21 and trying to study at uni at the same time.

• Foofa

It's said that a young mom will have a harder time logistically and financially while an older mom may have problems keeping up with a small child. But it's different for everyone. Common modern belief is that you should have kids until your brain is completely developed, about age 25. But it used to be common for people to marry at 18 and have three kids by that age and most of their offspring survived. Sort of depends on whether you want your "free" years to be in your youth or you want to get the childrearing done early in life then enjoy a childfree middle age.

i would ask your mom, ive never been a mother