Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Have you ever pretended you were straight?

Like you had same-sex crushes and you knew what they meant, but you pretended like your feelings didn’t exist and forced yourself to try and like the opposite sex instead? 

Have you ever felt like something was wrong with you? 

Have you ever felt scared to tell anyone including yourself that you have gay feelings? That it would destroy your whole entire world if the truth ever came to life? 

• Favorite Answer

Kind of..However, slightly different circumstances.

Try not having crushes on anybody, opposite sex or not.. and not knowing why, but having to make them up during sleepovers or gossip because you're supposed to be titillated by one person at least..and it's weird if you don't. 

Or getting into a relationship and trying to force yourself to like someone who has taken interest in you.

It's unfortunate to live in a world where you are hetero until proven otherwise..

I've never been "straight."  Like all humans, many parts of me curved, rounded, etc.  If you mean HETEROSEXUAL, than f-ing use the word, you twit.  Eschew euphemisms.  I've never had to "pretend" to be who & what I am.  

• Bro Jest
      3 weeks agoReport

It's not a euphemism, it's just an informal term that has the advantages of having only syllable when you say it and 8 letters when you type it. Some people get angry about the silliest things.

I am not sure it was pretending, it was more like I didn't realise I was bi-sexual. Looking back, if I had known as a school girl, then Charlotte and I would have been lovers instead of best friends.

No ! Never happened to me.I am a normal healthy straight male and straight males do not think that way

No, I'm straight, basically, but I've never thought that there was anything shameful about those kinds of feelings either way.

• Never

I don't have to pretend being straight / heterosexual because I already am.