Is this Journal an Empirical Article?

Hello everyone, 

I hope you're having a good night and day wherever you reside.

I'm doing a sociology research paper, and I need an empirical article to do this assignment. 

I believe I have found one, but I'd like someone else with more intellect than me in this field to verify it. 

It's called: Detection and Resolution of Rumors in Social Media: A survey

Authored by: ARKAITZ ZUBIAGA, University of Warwick, UK

AHMET AKER, University of Sheffield, UK and University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany

KALINA BONTCHEVA, University of Sheffield, UK

MARIA LIAKATA and ROB PROCTER, University of Warwick and Alan Turing Institute, UK

(I'd put the link, but I don't want to seem spoofy when all these scams are going around)

(PS: the professor is asleep and the assignment is due soon. That's my reasoning for not asking, haha.)

• Expat
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Empirical articles are articles written based on empirical research. That is research where the findings and conclusions are based on the analyses of collected data. Your article uses survey data. Bingo! 

• Jim1 week agoReport

I have another article here I need for an additional assignment, 
      The relationship between playing computer or video games with mental health and social relationships among students in guidance schools, Kermanshah - Title

Is this original empirical sociological research?