Anzwers asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Average calories for no physical activity?

I want to know whats a solid amount of calories that are healthy to where I dont gain weight. I dont go outside at all, the only time i go outside is to smoke which is about a 20 second walk to where i usually smoke cigarettes. I have social anxiety severely so I never go outside, or in public unless its a hidden area, to the gym or go for a walk/jog/run. On average I eat about (calorie-wise) 1000-1500 a day, sometimes a lot less since I mainly drink water and dont eat at all some days. I know sodium and other things play a part but i'm just focusing on calories since Im horrible at keeping track of multiple things at once. 

P.S: I'm 22, 5'10 and 160ish pounds. I haven't seen a doctor in years so I can't give you the exact weight. (I'm some-what trim) Although completely un-fit. 

Any information is much appreciation. Just know that:

I dont go outside besides to smoke

I dont get any physical activity (I mainly sit at my computer all day)

I'm scared of doing anything in public so please dont suggest exercise or anything like that.

I just want to know a calorie intake 

Are you currently gaining weight? If so, then eat fewer calories. Eat fewer calories each week until you see you are no longer gaining.

If you're not gaining weight, then maintain the status quo. Just keep checking your weight and when you see it increase you know you need to decrease caloric intake. The exact number you will have to figure out by yourself as that will change as you get older. 

• Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

I currently don't own a scale, but I should look into it. I tend to measure any type of weight gain by the "bulge" of my stomach in the mirror. It seems that In my current situation it mostly effects that area. It's not the best way to go about it but it's all I have at the moment

You don't have to count calories. Just stop eating sugars and processed foods. Shop in the meat and fresh vegetable section. Steam vegetables or stir fry them in a healthy fat (like olive oil, a little butter, or avocado oil).

You might look into the Ketogenic Diet. See the web page Diet Doctor Keto for Beginners if you're interested at all. This is a page on Dr Axe's website and lots of info there for help. You don't count calories at all on Keto. Just carbs.

• Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

I'll definitely check it out. A good routine or some guideline to follow is something I need, thank you.

• audrey

No more than 1200 tops and even that may be too much just to maintain your weight. Learn calorie values and write down every bite.

• Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

That is something I assumed, but thank you for reassuring me. I've been trying to keep around 1200 or less.

• Andy C

You are wrong about what you are trying to do.

Completely wrong.

I doubt that you want to hear the real answer.

I'll still post it, JIC.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D, M.S.A
    • Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

I'd love to hear the answer, I'm open to any response. Brutally honest or not. Give me your all

i would ask your doctor about it

• Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

I've been seeing my doctor but with no luck with any productive/helpful tips or anything similar. I'll keep trying

By your questions it appears that you are a troll & most likely cannot or will not be honest with us...  You recently stated in a question "I painted my motocross helmet matte black, it has all dried correctly but the bottom rubber part that goes all the way around the bottom of the helmet is still sticky, and it feels thick and gooey. I only did one coat and i have no idea whats wrong. Please help i need it fixed so i can wear it.".

In another you stated:"im applying for target and i only applied for working 3 days a week and 6 hours a day is that enough" and another: "Can pit bikes be driven on the sidewalks".

When you can be honest with us, try again!

• Anzwers2 weeks agoReport

I'm random as hell, that's just who I am. Also most of those questions were through the past, maybe, 6 something years. Wouldn't say recently

You're a f**king pu55y. Too scared of exercise? Why of course you're unfit! You're both physically and mentally out of shape and need lots of therapy and medication if you're THAT scared of everything.