When my laptop reaches 5 percent on its battery, it turns off but doesnt shut down? How do i fix this? I want to use my laptop on 5 percent?

is this an issue?\

• Who

you cant - as the %age goes down the current supplied by the battery goes up

shutting down suspends the programs running so it stops the laptop taking so much current 

plugging it in to recharge the battery will allow it to start up again and restart where it left off with whatever you were doing

going less than 5% there is a substantial risk it will just shut down completely with no warning, and you will lose everything you were doing cos the computer wont be able to save anything in time, and could probably corrupt the files you were working on

(if you have  a desk top you use a lot creating/editing important files its a good idea you get a UPS and one with a "shut down" connection to the computer

if there is a power cut the UPS supplies mains power for a while (depending on the UPS) but when its batteries start to run out it shuts down the computer automatically thus preserving your work

your laptop is doing the same thing

The fix is easy- just plug it in.....

• VP
      3 weeks agoReport

Haha, you beat me to this answer! 👍

• David

This is normal behaviour, you can’t change it.