Can I be a rockstar with complete sobriety?

I'm already thinking of getting prescribed Xanax for my anxieties, which is scary cause Xanax can kill you.

I got an amphetamine prescription when I was 18 but that was cause of school

• mars

Yes. Klonopin (Clonazepam) is popular with sobered Rockstars.

Watch the film "Blood, Frets and Tears" - about long-career rock gods.  Yes, they had colleagues whose lives were ruined or ended with social drugs.  But quite a few of them said that they never did all the "party" stuff - played the gigs and tours, banked the money, bought ANY guitar they ever wanted, own a nice house/cars - and now can play anything they want with anybody they want, with zero worries.  Did they take a prescription when they were injured or sick?  Sure.  But not to the extent of becoming dependent.  I have a long career in classical music, and my share of injuries, surgeries, etc.  At the moment, I take 18 pills a day - 12 of which are vitamins, only 3 are drugs that I need always, and 2, what I need for a couple of months.  But I am ancient - Gramma age.  None of these are addictive - but they are necessary if I want to live my life - and keep playing.  If YOUR doctor carefully monitors what you need - then listen to them.  If you feel that they are giving you too much, so you "shut up and go away" - then get another doctor.  It is VERY SMART that you are asking - but ask your doctor, and do not let them minimize your concerns.

About that rockstar stuff - are you taking LESSONS????  Working with GOOD instructors - or trying to learn off YOOTUBE?   Whole nuther topic . . .

you can be rock without drugs but anxiety meds might be good for you.

drugs and alcohol don't make a rock star

Yes. Its more common now than a few decades ago. There are more sober rock stars now, than ever before. Its so much nicer going to gigs well rested and on time, than hung over/ strung out, maybe show up/ maybe not.