I am moving to los Angeles what Should I expect?

• Are you money bags, No, so you will be broke for the rest of your life trying to pay one month of rent. IF you want to be broke then move there. 

Lets see, expensive, thousands of homeless, traffic, smog etc etc etc

It really depends on where you are moving from and what you are used to. Best of luck!!!

it is so nice idea i things.

Thousands of people mourning Kobe Bryant for the next year.

• Skittles2 months agoReport

Make that two years

Ooo, you are in for it.  There's a lot of bad, but also some good.  The more informed you are the more pleasant your experience will be.

I have lived here since birth and I am used to it, but I can imagine how awful an experience it would be to move to LA.  First, be aware that California is run by socialists, and that if you combine local, state, and federal taxes, you may actually wind up paying more in taxes than some of the self-described communist countries.  

If you agree with anything Trump says, keep it to yourself because people will probably stab you.  

Prices are exorbitantly high.  I traveled abroad for a few months and found that in most European cities, I could not spend $500 in a month.  Here, I have to budget $2,500 a month for basic expenses, not including recurring payments like rent or utilities.  If my business were not as successful as it is, I simply could not afford to live here.I own a tiny 900 square foot house in a fairly high crime area that cost $600,000.  That is considered cheap here.  I own property in Europe that I paid $60,000 for and comes on a hectare of land.  In other words I paid 1/10 for about one hundred times the property there.

Traffic is a mess - not as bad as Mumbai, Saigon, or Mexico City, but still really bad.  Expect to drive an hour or more to work or school, even if you are only a few miles away.The unemployment rate is significantly higher here than the rest of the country.  Homeless people are EVERYWHERE.  You go to the richest neighborhoods and crack/meth heads are there to assault you.  Of course, you cannot legally defend yourself either since the second amendment does not apply here.

Also, I am friends with an Oscar winning movie star.  He is the only movie star I have ever seen in any public setting.  You may get lucky and see some B movie actor out and about one time in 40 years of living here, but generally they go out of their way not to be spotted in public.  And yes, you are bothering them if you say hello or ask for an autograph.  Leave them alone.

The weather is nice, but it does get hot for a short while in the summer.  Usually, it is not humid, but the last few years have been particularly icky.  Some of the beaches are nice.  Some have raw sewage dumped into them from time to time.  Make sure you are aware of those incidences.There's a lot to do at pretty much all hours.  That's kind of nice.  Best food scene outside of Tokyo.  Watch Huell Howser's TV series "California's Gold" to find local stuff that is pretty cool and not touristy.  Lots of cool little historical gems strewn throughout the concrete blight.  

Meanwhile, once I max out my pension in 3 years, I am getting the hell out of the city.  On the one hand, the location is probably why I will be able to retire at 42, but it is just not worth it to stay here, personally.  I wish you good fortune and hope you do not wind up like everyone else, stuck in the rat race with little to show for it.  

It’s big urban city like any, but it will depend exactly where you will be

Los Angeles is a massive city and experience will vary depending on where you live in the city.

• DEBS

A big mess of freeways and traffic.  If you can deal with that crap, then it's just a big urban sprawl.  You'll find all different types of neighborhoods and people.  Other than that, what you should expect depends on who you are and what you seek out.

a lot of cars and people