Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are you going to vote for Sanders ?

Personally I think Socialism is a kind of cool idea. I think capitalism is a brutal and unfair system that punishes the workers. I think the government needs to provide more for it's people. 

Favorite Answer

No. I believe in economic freedom, not economic authoritarianism (socialism). Bernie is a very old and ill man (recently had a heart attack). He doesn't have a record for getting things done; he just talks. He makes false promises and tells low info hippie voters what they want to hear so he can get good-paying government jobs. That's it. He's in it for himself like any other politician.

Capitalism is brutal? Possibly but so what? Nature too can be brutal but efficient. Unfair? I disagree. Capitalism gives everyone the opportunity to work for whomever they want even themselves. It rewards people who are smart and cunning enough to take the opportunities around them to succeed.

I remember when I was young and poor. I worked at a low-paying job but did some writing on the side. I budgeted, spent less money, and shared utilities and rent. I went to the library and read up on business and to acquire skills. I then became self-employed and eventually made my own business. I did so well that i was able to retire early in my life. The opportunities are there for everyone. Socialism places great burdens on businesses and entrepreneurs and makes it more difficult for people to 

Of course you do.  many people love a free ride on Government.  I have noticed a trend for the "Socialites" who are ready to give up on life or ready to end it all, have the same desires. 

Certainly not. Democrats want to make everybody poor -- and dependent on them.

The government is people like you.I agree capitalism is sort of brutal however socialism is also brutal.Communism is socialistic in the extreme and does not work either.We all have a duty to work and pay our own way in life according to our ability.

Socialism offers, among other things, universal healthcare, minimum wage, a guaranteed minimum pension, chronic illness support.

Take a look at Canada.

• Don Verto

I live in Canada and it has many problems too.
      Minimum wage is not the problem but high wages are.
      Our health care does not cover everything.

No, I don't stay in the USA. But, if I did, I most probably would. 

"I think the government needs to provide more for its people"?  That's exactly the platform Hugo Chavez ran on in 1998 in Venezuela and got elected.  And buddy did he start diverting lots of oil revenue money to social programs.

Actually if you want more provided for a country's people, what you really want is for government to get out the way and let entrepreneurs and businesspeople do their thing, what they do best, unfettered.

No nor any other politician either, they are all 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and out to line their own pockets first and foremost at the cost of the voting public. So why should i condone that with my vote thus making it possible

• Mog

Yes. I wanted him to win in 2016 too. 

The social teaching of the Catholic Church does not endorse true socialism, but it does tell us that the necessities of a life with dignity need to be provided for the people. True socialism is when the workers, all the workers, own the means of production. Communism is when the government owns the means of production. Republicans call anything except the blatant oppression of the poor and middle class “socialism.” 

• Veschengro

" but it does tell us that the necessities of a life with dignity need to be provided for the people" IS Utter and complete rubbish the church is a parasite and nothing more or less that survives on its congregation.

First Mexico and then Argentina turned to the left, Bolivia will be returning to the left in May and the US will go to the left in november. The pink tide is back but this time includes the US as well. If the US gets a better healthcare system than Canada (Bernie wants Medicare for All to cover eyeglasses which it does not in Canada) then that will undoubtedly lead to the left winning in a landslide in Canada as well as they would wonder how the US got the best of them. 

I would vote for any Democrat over Fat Donnie.

Heck, a dead cat would be a better President than fat Donnie.

• Lv 5

considered socialist. Also, the word "democratic" has become so misused and bastardized that it has become virtually meaningless in any context. North Korea calls themselves democratic.