What board games do you recommend?

I currently own the Clue game, I've played a lot but not like such as the Game of Life, Twister, those weren't good enough to keep.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 15 hours ago

dnd, talisman, pathfinder or munchkin

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

Scattergories and Scrabble are fun ones to play when bored.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't recommend Clue, it's a board game about murder. I recommend Monopoly and The Entrepreneur Game.

• 3 weeks ago

Sequence is Amazing and probably my favorite. Bananagrams (more fun with 2 bags), Othello, Upwords. If you like Clue, there's a game from when I was young "13 Dead End Drive". More of a kid's game, but still fun as heck.

If you wanna kill HOURS!!! Risk.

• nutella2 weeks agoReport

13 Dead End Drive? Sounds interesting

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

monopoly has always been a favourite of mine

• 3 weeks ago

Without any guidelines...  it's going to be a bit difficult to make some great recommendations, so I'm going to with some more general recommendations to consider.

* Ticket to Ride + 1910 Expansion -- The Ticket to Ride series is a strategy game where you're trying to complete secret tickets by connecting two cities together through your rail line.  The 1910 Expansion gives you larger cards, more tickets & some more play options including the "Mega" game (which is effectively the "kitchen sink" option).

There are other versions (Europe, Germany, Asia, ect.) if you don't want to go with the original (US map).

* Quirkle -- This is a tile-laying game that has the simplicity of dominos as players play a line of tiles that connect to the playfield by color OR shape.  You score points for each line you play or extend.  If you're able to line up all 6 colors OR shapes, you score a "Quirkle" & get a bonus 6 points.

* Pandemic -- A Cooperative game where you're trying to save the world from being overrun from 4 different diseases infecting different regions.  Each player has a different role to play in helping treating, researching & curing these diseases.

There's a Legacy version (2 seasons, sold separately) that has a persistent & permanent modifications to the game.  Each season is designed to be play on a monthly basis (12 sessions), with 2 attempts permitted each month.

* Forbidden Island / Desert -- These are smaller cooperative games with a modular playfield.  Players are working together to complete the game's objective against a (proverbial) ticking clock mechanic (varies by game).

* Betrayal at the House on the Hill -- This is a two-act game with a fair amount of horror in it.  The first act is most exploration of the house (which is randomly generated) where spooky & ominous happenings occur that will eventually trigger the second act, where one player becomes the traitor & becomes an "Us vs them" deal where both sides are figuratively fighting to complete their secret objective.

There's the Widow's Walk expansion, which adds the attic & more haunts to the game, as well as a D&D version (Betrayal at Baulder's Gate) & a Legacy version (13 sessions that occurs BEFORE the original game).

* Fluxx -- This is more of a card game than a board game, but still fun to play as everybody is trying to complete the posted objective on the table.  HOWEVER, players can change the rules & even the objective, so it can really put everybody on their toes.  With a game this chaotic, the order you play your cards becomes absolutely critical.

* Blokus -- This is a strategic puzzle game where you each player is trying to place as many pieces on the board as possible, but your pieces can only touch each other on the corners.

* Tsuro / Tsuro of the Sea -- This is a simple, yet challenging strategy game are you're trying to be the last player standing on the board.  Players, in turn, lay tiles on the board to extend the path of their stone.  Players are eliminated if they fly off the board OR run into each other (in a head-on collision, not in passing).

Tsuro of the Sea adds an extra element of 3 dragons which removes tiles from the board (to prolong pathing options) & must be avoided as well.

* Settlers of Catan -- This trading game has you trading with players to obtain resources to expand your settlements & earn the necessary victory points to win.

There are some other games to consider, but this should be a good starting point for games to explore & try out.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

whichever ones you want to play

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

for team work board games, try:

forgotton island,

deserted island, 

or search teamwork related games

• 3 weeks ago

Well, many are fun. I would say maybe, Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess and Mastermind. Monopoly is my favourite but it can take ages!

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Risk and Stratego.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.