I Am Male asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Do you think the new Robocop movie is going to suck?

I have a feeling it's going to suck after what happened to Terminator: Dark Fate because the movie is heading in a similar direction to Terminator: Dark Fate. It's supposed to take place after the first 1987 Robocop movie and recon the rest.

• Steel

"Robocop" and arguably "Robocop 2" were more than just your basic action flicks; they were dripping with satire and deeper meaning. Part 3 was just a cash-in, as was the remake. If a new sequel can be done tastefully (blood-letting notwithstanding!), and with the spirit of the original, it can be salvaged. I see this in the same vein as the new "Ghostbusters" sequel in that it gives me hope that we're finally starting to see the pendulum swing in the opposite direction of remakes/sequels such as the 2016 "Ghostbusters", "Terminator: Dark Fate", and all the Star Wars debacles. If someone is at the helm with an appreciation of the source material, I think it will at least be decent. If not, then I'll share your reservations; you've inspired me to look up the latest news on this.

• polly

Hopefully it'll surprise us & be really good

• Olive

Possible. Newer ones will never compare to the originals

Friend haven't you noticed that all of the old superheroes have grown old and they're letting them die and bringing the story to the end they want to begin with new stories. Iron Man died.

Rambo last blood. Star wars. Terminator. And yes you can probably expect RoboCop to finish out. It's time for some new superheroes to be born. And it's pretty much about giving them all the glorious death letting them go out in a blaze of glory so that the new characters of the new generation can be born. Nobody wants to see their old superheroes die and it's going to suck to everybody.