Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 3 weeks ago

Do law offices have accountants/bookkeepers?

I am enrolled in a 2 year accounting course. With my diploma I can get a job as a accounting clerk, payroll clerk, accountants payable. I need experience at least 1 month. When I send my resume to accounting offices, they say it's a waste of there time training for a 2 year accounting course. I am wondering if law offices usually have low level bookkeeper/ accountants. I would like to send my resume asking for volunteering for bookkeeping

• Scott

Of course they do.

• Ann

for a job as an accountant most places require a 4 year degree.

• Eva

It's rarely worth someone's time to have someone come in for a month. It sucks up a lot of their time for not much benefit. Larger law firms have a bookkeeping dept., but smaller firms do not.

• Judy

big ones often do.

Don't wait and wonder, just do it, now. Hand your resume out at every reasonable opportunity. Volunteer, go intern, do it as a favor for a friend. Filing away receipts for end-of-year donations, for instance, is menial work, but good experience for a two-year accounting graduate. Ask around in person, be straightforward, whatever you get, do great work.

Yes, of course some law offices have accountants on staff.  Stop asking us and start asking them.