promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

How long does a South African have to wait for an EB-3 visa? ?

I am wanting to go to the USA on a visa to do caregiving for the elderly. 

I’ve done some research online and have found that for some countries this visa can take a very long time, such as India which can take up to 10 years. I am a South African and want to know how long I can expect to wait for this visa as this particular citizen? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Between three months and three years. But assuming you're doing the kind of job that qualifies for that visa type you may not be allowed to do eldercare as a sideline, not even if it's volunteer work. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can not get an EB-3 visa to be a caregiver.

• 2 months ago

You do not qualify for EB-3 visa or any temporary employment visa. That is solely for corporate employers' sponsorship of highly skilled employees who are completing their maximum term on a temporary employment visa. You don't qualify. No employer of a "caregiver" could possibly qualify to sponsor their employee.

Caregiving - even if you hold Certified Nurse's Aide, Home Health Aide, or a nursing degree - does NOT qualify for any temporary employment visa, either. 

Au pair offers very limited prospects for citizens of certain countries who are hired through internationally recognized au pair agencies. American parents who will consider hiring a foreign au pair for a year typically require applicants who hold a degree in early childhood development or related field. 

• 2 months ago

Sorry, but "caregiving for the elderly" is not an occupation which qualifies for any USA work visa.  The closest occupation which would qualify is being an Au Pair:

https://www.aupairinamerica.com/options/j1_visa.as...

Note the age requirements for the J-1 Au Pair visa.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.