isaac asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 weeks ago

17 with little facial hair, am I still going through puberty?

S

o basically I’m 17 next month, and have very little facial hair. Real some hair on the moustache area and a few hairs on my chin, whereas it seems most other people my age have stubble. Is it likely I’m still going through puberty and will yet see an increase in height (currently 5”7-5”8), body mass/muscle, weight, facial hair growth or even penis size?

I have no idea if you're finished growing, but i'd say you might grow taller etc over the next year or so.

The male continues to grow in mass up through his mid-20's as the rule. After height growth is finished, bone mass gets bigger.

• edward

Puberty lasts well into your 20’s the brain isn’t filly developed till around 25. I was hairless till i was older (could’ve been a result of me abusing my body hair). I started shaving at...21. Baby faced before then

• edward
      3 weeks agoReport

@ron h
      Spending hours a day drenching my body hair in chorine water is a good way to abuse it.  I’m not Euro nor African.  I’m SE Asian.  We’re not known for being hairy.  Generally a hairless population

• ron h

Men have beard on our faces.  "Facial hair" is a feminist / tranny "gender neutral" word that pretends that EVERYONE has beard. They've got you saying "most other people my age have stubble" which is not true. It IS true for "most men."  Most men have more beard by 17 than you say you do, but there's plenty of men who don't see dense beard till they're 19 or 20 or even older.  You should look at men on both sides of your family to get an idea of what you're likely to see on you.  At 17, you've got about all the dik you're gonna get, but you MAY grow taller and heavier in the next year or so.  Usually not much taller, but it can happen. 

• isaac2 weeks agoReport

I used the term facial hair as beard is one facial hair style, I was thinking g aboht having a goatee or a mustache haha

Some men are never able to grow facial hair fully and some can't until their 20's. My husband couldn't grow a full beard until he was about 24, but there was stubble. My step-brother and brother are both 25+ and it's all patchy and grows in weird. Past the age of 22, if you are concerned, get your testosterone levels checked.