Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Am I going to have a black eye?

It's very fresh, very painful and very swollen...I'm icing but it's not getting any better.

Favorite Answer

Ouch! Yes, you'll definitely get a black eye! Continue what you're doing now, ice off and on every 20 minutes, it'll help in the long run. If it's "very fresh" in that picture... then I'm crossing my fingers that it won't swell shut, which is a possibility!

Hope you feel better!

Source(s): Had one just like that
  • Edna

Somebody punched you in the eye, didn't they?  You're not 'going' to get a black eye - you're already developing a massive black eye. It's going to continue to swell and become very discolored,  and your eye might even swell shut. It's going to take 3 to 4 weeks for all the swelling and discoloration to go away.

I would be really surprised if you didn't because that's already turning purple and the swelling is pretty huge. It looks really painful. Try cold compress. Cold towel or ice pack directly on that lump under your eye and press as hard as you can. It will hurt but just keep pressing on it. It will make the lump smaller.

Damn thats nasty!! You gonna have a massive black eye for 100% 

That already is one heck of a black eye. Icing probably won't help at this point either. Seems like you got punched real hard......

• k w

yes..................

• Carson

It's already started to bruise