I'm in a ldr and my gf has no intention of coming back here to live. Things are fine between us but should I leave her?

So I'm in a ldr and it sucks. My gf and I come from a small town of Alabama. We've known for years,we were friends in high school and then in senior year we got into a relationship. Fast forward 2 years she moved out of state for college. Initially I resented the idea,but then I talked to my grandparents about it and they told me they were themselves in a ldr once. HOWEVER..thing is this: she started to LOVE that city in California. I have friends who study in other states,it's fine,but they always come back here. They're just there to study whereas she actually is there even when she's got no lectures. Anyway as I said my grandparents were in a ldr but it was ALL with the goal of being together eventually. My grandpa was a Marine in Korea and there were times he was stationed in San Diego,Ca while grandma was here in Al... they both knew that there would have been a day when they could settle here back home. My situation is quite different,especially since I don't wanna leave our town and she doesn't plan of living here anymore. The sad thing is that I really believe she's the love of my lfie,but I can't leave our town. I have my roots here,I have friends and family and my job. Do you think I should call it quits? I've been thinking about this for a while.

• P
    Favorite Answer

It's really not complicated.  If neither of you have any plans to eventually live in the same place it's already over and it's been over since you and her made that decision.  If she really means that much to you then you would move without question.    You just need to officially end it.  It will hurt, but trust me, there will be someone else who will be a better match. 

• P
      4 weeks agoReport

I don't suggest moving for a girl for the reasons you already know well, but again it's really the only option to be with her.  She's either worth the sacrifice or not.  Clearly she doesn't think you are worth it to move back so that plays into it too since she was  the one to move.

If you’re not willing to move for her you can’t expect her to be willing to move for you. It sounds like you want different things from life and Should probably go your separate ways