Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

If an 18-year-old girl conceives on the day of her graduation ceremony, is it a teen pregnancy?

I know that she’s technically a teenager, but she is also old enough to vote and many adult things.  And she finished high school.  Unlike many teen moms, she didn’t miss out on her childhood, such as going to her prom.  In addition, she wasn’t “carelessly fooling around” before she graduated, thus conceiving on graduation day, NOT finding out on graduation day that she’s pregnant.  So her unborn baby was 100% nonexistent until she graduated.  Also, she had sex AFTER the ceremony.  So when she went on stage to get her diploma, the child didn’t exist yet either.  Therefore, does she count as another statistic of teen pregnancies?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Reena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

She is in her teen years - there is a 1 before that 8 and that makes her a teenager.

And 18 is absolutely too young to have a child. Grow up, have some fun and get a job and a career before you decide to have a child that you can not afford to raise on your own.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

Probably, I BS you not when I graduated in 1997 there was two gals that got pregnant at about that time.

• B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Shes a teen til twenty, yes.

• 3 weeks ago

"eigh-TEEN"... hmm, that's a toughie...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Ask in the Pregnancy & Parenting section instead of Personal Finance.. But I would consider this an adult, even though technically it is a teen pregnancy.

• 3 weeks ago

What part of "teen" don't you understand?

• 3 weeks ago

You are a teenager until age 20...

When she graduates from high school is meaningless.

You are very naive if you think someone who had a a child in their late teens / early 20s, didn't gain much more responsibility than most are able to handle. 

• Scott
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

A person is a "teen" until they reach their twentieth birthday.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

So what? She's still a teen.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's teen pregnancy, but it's not underage pregnancy. And if it's by choice, it's unusual, but it's not irresponsible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.