Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

4 year old son has developed a mean-spirited edge to him?

My son turned four on the fifteenth. He's become increasingly spoiled, cruel, sarcastic and just plain rude since his birthday.

Yesterday, I drove him to daycare. When I told him not to run his mouth at the daycare teachers, he rolled his eyes and said "Alright, Lois Griffin, I won't". I was utterly shocked at this because how can a four year old come up with such remarks, and he is not allowed to watch adult TV shows.

Later that day, I got a call from the daycare that he beat up a girl younger than him for putting a Barbie doll in his toy tractor and pissed in another child's sippy cup. I told him that this is NOT acceptable. He retorted with "I'm sure that Vladimir Putin agrees with you". What the hell is going on with this kid?

Favorite Answer

Well,the question 'how can a 4 year old come up with such a remark' actually makes no sense. 

Children can be  very smart mouthed ,at all ages. 

They are not all innocence as many people like thinking: that is a pure illusion that helps adults feeling relaxed. 

However, your child has behaved-with you and also at daycare- in a way that is indeed far from acceptable. 

You should calmly explain him that talking back to adults in the way he often does is not respectful, and that his teachers and his family members are not his playmates .

I would give him a little punishment for già misdeeds, such as not watching, for that day, his favourite cartoons, or leaving him alone for a hour in his bedroom without any toys. 

Maybe he's watching family guy because that's what it sounds like. Otherwise a good spankin would do him good.

This is an utter load of Bullcr@p. Now go collect your Darwin Award for posting this rubbish.

He's turned into a little smarta** and a snot, that's what has happened. A few swats to his rear end with your hand the next time he mouths off or talks back, followed by an early bedtime with no dinner will put a stop to a lot of this.

Yes....you sound believable .

You're actually that dense to think anyone would take this as believable?

Oh sod off you Neanderthal potato.

Oh no! It sounds like he has caught Cysyahoo trollsis. Take him to the Troll King now.

This toddler needs a time out or something .... take away her internet access as well .