Anonymous

I am pursuing a bachelors degree in hr mgmt and can't even get a minimum wage job what makes you think I can get a job with my degree?

Favorite Answer

If you cannot get any job in the current job market, you lack job-hunting skills: ability to research job prospects & openings, filing job applications, interviewing skills, appearance, demeanor, job skills, etc. Even with a degree, you will need all of that in addition to the degree. And competition for jobs in HR are particularly difficult since the market is glutted in many areas.

IF you had good office/clerical skills, computer skills, you could try to get a clerical position with HR dept even without a degree.

Huh?  First of all, I don't expect you or anyone else will automatically get a job due to the major of your bachelor's degree.

Getting a job is based on how well your skills, knowledge and attitude match those same attribute as desired by the employer.  You have to look at job posting and figure out how to develop the skills required in the jobs you hope to get.  You will also need to be open about moving if the job market in your immediate area isn't good for your type of jobs. 

If you are a college student who can't get any job that a high school student can get, you need to look at yourself with a critical eye.  Do you have a bad attitude?  Is your availability so limited you aren't worth employing?" What? 

• John

I would suggest you very carefully read your message.  Review it several times if you can't see any problems with how it sounds.  If you come across like that during interviews, its not surprising no one will hire you.  

• Stella

That's a question that you have to ask yourself.

I have no interest in it.

• Carson

Honestly? I dont think about if you'll get a job with your degree because I do not think about you at all.

Judging by your English skills, quite frankly I'm amazed that a university let you in.  The more you learn and the more effort you put in, the more doors that will open for you.