Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Would you say America has a serious issue with idolatry/celebrity worship syndrome ?

This is an issue that is of course universal but I'm mainly speaking on America because this is where I live and what I see especially lately. 

• Saboo

I would agree. There are far too many gossip/celebrity news sites and the same with TV coverage. It's ridiculous.

I think so, too. Honestly, Japan puts us to shame, LOL. But we do have an issue with celebrity worship. I mean, it's sad when someone dies, sure, but to cry and take time off work because of it? That's just weird and stalker-ish. I get bummed when a celebrity I like dies because I enjoyed watching them/listening to them and now, we don't get to see or hear them anymore. 

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Agreed. Case in point the Kobe Bryant thing. 

no. Many of us are Christians.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Right Fireball and you and I read the Bible and we know what the scriptures say about idolatry and false idols.