Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Is it true that the best way to predict the future is to create it?

I'm not sure about it. Maybe everything is already mapped out  like a video, It is done, till the end, down to the last second. And that's the future. Then end.

• Lv 7

well, that's certainly the EASIEST way...

"i see myself trowing a shoe at you...look at that! it worked! i'm a PSYCHIC!"

NOPE. Why? Law of unintended consequences. 

I like an example from Matt Dillahunty.

If I order a steak, and the waiter brings me a steak, did I predict the future? 

No one can predict the future, all you have is to do your best in now ... I give more importance to my hereafter permenant life, here I might not have my own house, but I work hard everyday to build one in the hereafter ....

no, no it is not, what about if something happens that interfered with what you were creating? then you predict that you will walk to a shop and buy something but the shop turns out to be shut for 5 minutes because there out having a fight with a kangaroo then you cant buy the thing and your prediction was wrong...

Sounds pretty right ro me. If you are successful.

• peter m
      1 month agoReport

But as we know "science" is not "philosophy" (they often come together in "an environment" so to speak)… here it's definitely the philosophy category!