Sad asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I'm always tired and can't get motivated to do anything?

Hello,

I'm assuming that if you're reading this you either have the same problem, have experienced this, or just genuinely want to help. 

Every day when I wake up, I'm already tired. I get over 8 hours of sleep a night with a nap after school hours. I got diagnosed with clinical depression around a year ago and was prescribed anti-depressants which made me feel pathetic for taking so I stopped. I tried taking an anti-depressant around 5 months ago when I got desperate for any sort of help and all it did was make me sick and throw up in my mouth. Lately, I'm getting desperate again to take another one but I'm deathly afraid of vomiting. I go to virtual school, and this lack of energy means lack of progress. Then, when I get super behind, I have no motivation to get caught up, and then I get punished by my principal and parents. I don't know what to do. I feel out of control. I've tried using a planner, I sit at the kitchen table 8 hours a day but still accomplish nothing. The guilt for not doing anything is even worse. Everybody just thinks I'm doing nothing out of choice, when in reality I just feel like I have a cloud over my head that won't go away. I genuinely would do anything at this point to be able to get motivated. Not even the thought of being held back makes me motivated to do anything. It just makes me sad, scared, and hate myself. I'm too ashamed to bring this up to my principal too, so as far as she knows I'm just a lousy, lazy student.

Favorite Answer

You need to find yourself. I know exactly what your going through and good things are ahead but you need to keep your head up and survive this part of your life, this isn’t going to last forever. I think you need to focus on being your own best friend and find ways to keep you up like a hobby even just walking outside and smelling the fresh air is good.

• LAN

Yeah, my brother has that.  Turns out he was just lazy like you.

Go to GYM ....   

then pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get doing something, stop being useless.