Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

If you put on a thin white coat with a stethoscope around your neck , would you look the part of a medical doctor?

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

Not quite.  The thin white coat has to be the right length.  If it's not long enough, you'll look like a lab tech or a phlebotomist or a nurse.  

Also, it's important what you wear under the lab coat-- doctors either wear business dress underneath (for men, a suit and tie where the jacket has been removed and the lab coat has been put on instead, and for women, a blouse and slacks) or they wear scrubs underneath, scrubs with comfortable athletic shoes.  

It also wouldn't hurt to be wearing a lanyard that says you're a doctor.  You hardly ever see any doctor today not wearing a lanyard.  It's not the 80's anymore.

Oh, and "around your neck" had better mean the stethoscope has been draped around the neck sideways so that the tubing is behind the neck, the ear pieces are hanging down the front of one shoulder, and the bell is hanging down the neck of the other should, NOT hung from the neck by headset with the ear pieces behind the neck and the bell dangling down to the stomach like its a pendant and the stethoscope is some kind of ugly necklace.   And another common place for the stethoscope is in the pocket of the lab coat, having been somewhat folded in half without crimping the tubes such that the bell and the ear pieces stick out the top of the pocket.

• Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

So...you're in the medical field ?

Maybe        .

Unfortunately yes I'm the computer Doctor here in Statesboro and my costume in my pictures is a doctor's uniform and people all over care town call me doctor

I'm a psychiatric nurse, we work much harder than doctors, so I'll leave the white coats to them.

Of course. That however does not mean a woman has to take her clothes off for you. The gravest crimes against humanity are caused by helping professions.

• https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

I’d need a haircut and a shave. I’m starting to look like a hobo.