If you were in a zombie apocolypse, how long would you survive, and how would you do it?

If I learned about it early enough I think I could survive quite a while.  I'd load up essentials, and all my firearms, and go out to my aunt's farm out in the middle of nowhere.  It sits at a high point with a small river bluff on one end of the property and a good view of the surrounding area.  They have a big garden and have geese, ducks, chickens, and cattle so there should be plenty of food.  They have a couple horses as well.  They also have ammunition reloading equipment and solar panels, which will be helpful.  There are some woods nearby so it wouldn't be too much of a chore to build a basic wooden security fence surrounding the main house and out buildings.

barricade the house, so no one can get in and I can get out via the roof. then I have somewhere to live and the issue is food, so travel via rooftops to the local shops, I have enough food in the house to survive whilst I devise a safe method to get to the shops, maybe, if its safe barricade myself in a food shop. then when the food runs out head to the coast and survive off what I can forage, read a wilderness survival book once which said easiest place to survive is by the sea. get a boat to travel around... something like that :) 

I wouldn't last long because the zombie rights group would also be after me and have me put in jail for destroying them.

It's like in the workplace I was scolded by fly rights activists for killing flies because they claim all life is a blessing and must be cherished, yet when they get cancer they go to the doctor to try to get rid of the disease. So I don't understand why cancer isn't cherished by them?

It all depends on what types of zombies they are. Can they run fast? Or are they the slow, groaning type? I probably wouldnt survive long regardless. Ive never shot a gun and I'm not sure Id have great aim. My best bet would be being able to outrun the zombies because im pretty fast and can climb. but that probably wouldnt do me too good for long periods of time.