Why do so many people on Y!A write 'a women' instead of 'a woman'? I've noticed it more and more lately.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • carrie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Does it really matter, most people just want to ask or answer a question as quick as they can, As long as I can read what they are trying to say, I ignore the mistakes that they make.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

lon lon lon >>>>>BLOCK DENIED<<<<<<. i guess they just dont care

• ...Show all comments
    • DRDEATH
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

go to your profile page click on more look at your blocked list you have me blocked i know your a guy...when it appears that your vagina is sore i will call you she just a heads up

• 4 weeks ago

Most of these children were raised with spell check.  And have no idea how to form a properly spelled and composed sentence. And none of them understand that their spelling is a direct reflection of their upbringing and education.  Or lack there of. Woman should be used in the singular context. Women should be used when to describe the group.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You know that, I know that....but many people on here obviously don't!

• Ontol
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Don't worry, this is grammar fascism, and grammar fascism saves lives. Let's eat grandma! For example. I hope you can tolerate generally ignorant and a bit stupid. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Are you an English teacher? Stop correcting everyone dumb asss and thanks for the thumbs down Lon.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

English??.....flags aren't your strong point either are they 'David get a life'? If I were illiterate I wouldn't be correcting cretins like you now would I...now go away you annoying Englishman!

• Jason
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think a lot comes down to attention to detail and the fact that most overlook those mistakes these days and do not correct because they themselves make certain mistakes, no matter how they try the odd mistake will occur, so how can they pull up others.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jason
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

A lot is from the generation brought up with smartphones, all that text speak has changed the importance of correct spelling as they can make out what is being said, no matter how badly written.

• 4 weeks ago

1.Lack of education

2.English is their second language

2.Typo

3.They didn't proof read

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, one of those certainly.

• 4 weeks ago

Because some people are abominable writers.

• 4 weeks ago

We are poor in spelling and grammar especially those living in Asia

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Many English and American people do it too......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.