Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Any reason the spouse should tolerate her/his wife or husband's mistakes?

Mistakes are a part of life. We all make them. There have been times that my husband and I have hurt one another's feelings. But I love him. Because of this, I forgive and tolerate his mistakes, just as he does mine. I guess what I'm saying is that if you truly love someone, you will overlook his or her mistakes. That doesn't mean that you should tolerate everything. It simply means forgiving and forgetting.

It would depend how many mistakes how often and how bad.  I can let some slide but if it's common practice no.

That all depends on how many they make and the severity of them.

• Raja

If they are silly mistakes with no intention to hurt the other party they should be tolerated. This is the case with understanding couples. They are said to be happily married . 

• Ocimom

Depends on what kind of mistakes you are talking about.

Everyone makes mistakes, so if two people are married, they are both going to make mistakes.

You didn't specify types of mistakes. Some people make spelling mistakes, or makes a mistake about getting everything at the grocery store. These are small mistakes, so what are YOU talking about?

• Foofa

Some mistakes are forgivable, others are not. This is for each individual to determine based on their own circumstances.

If it's a marriage there's no room for the word 'tolerate' which implies a Master/Slave relationship. If one loves the other, mistakes should be accepted, not tolerated.

Divorces are bad. Split half of belongings blah blah blah. Don't wanna go there.

Do you mean other than "for better for worse for richer for poorer". Or perhaps you mean that you cannot expect forgiveness for your own mistakes if you don't forgive others.  Or just possibly you mean that spending your life with the greatest gift you ever had is worth that price.

• Andrew Smith
      1 month agoReport

To add to this, if my right arm made a mistake I wouldn't chop it off.  My wife IS my right arm.