John asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

Say if the plane that was shot down recently in Iran were filled of american passengers instead of iranians, would there be full war now?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

There would be no plane flying over Iran full of Americans but if they shot down a plane elsewhere full of Americans there would be a serious crisis not not necessarily a war. The closest we came to war under Trump was not with Iran but when Trump was threatening North Korea with fire and fury we came very close to a war according to a new book that I heard a discussion with the author recently on the radio.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

At least a third of the plane's passengers were Canadian.  Perhaps more.  No war yet.....

• 4 weeks ago

I don't think so. The US  would recognise that situation was the same; accident. Purposely shooting down an airliner is an act of war and I doubt that the US wouldn't recognise that if Iran wanted to make such act that they wouldn't have shot down an airliner first, they would strike US military bases in the Middle East first. Yes, the call to war would be much stronger and the US may very well have retaliated against Iranian assets in Iraq but going to war over something you know was an accident? That's a hard sell both to the nation and yourself.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It would be interpreted as an Act of War and there would have been swift reprisals - and it would all be over by now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The full war would have been over in sixty seconds

• 4 weeks ago

Were filled of??? If it was filled with Americans, yes, there would likely be a war. Remember 9-11.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.