Why do all of my guy friends get mad at me? ?

So I’ve made the decision to not have sex with someone unless we have a romantic relationship lasting for more than 3 months or more/ no more meaningless hookups or sex. I told my guy friends and they all reacted pretty upset about it, two were trying to convince me to have sex with them, the other said I was being a Christian girl, and the other one temporarily ignored me for like three days until now. Why do people get mad at me for wanting to settle down with someone who I actually have feelings for?

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

Because their desire to have sex is stronger than caring about your needs.

Guys LOOK for sex from women, and get scared when it sounds like women are not going to give it away.

The fact is that if some guy will not wait 3 months to have sex with you, then YOU don't matter much to him and/or he is NOT looking for a lasting relationship.

• Parthu3 weeks agoReport

I like your reply for the last statement : "The fact is that if some guy will not wait 3 months to have sex with you, then YOU don't matter much to him and/or he is NOT looking for a lasting relationship."

if you have to ask you have a lot to learn

my guess you flirt and do not know it, and get them to spend money on you going out.  Only a sick person announces this aloud ... it is a form of abuse and manipulation. and you chose the best answer and yet the reciprocal response is and women look for money and power and do not care about the man -- 

(The fact is that if some guy will not wait 3 months to have sex with you, then YOU don't matter much to him and/or he is NOT looking for a lasting relationship.)

if you'er going to wait three months I have no problem with that,,, as long as it is dutch treat for 3 months 

the fact is best not said and let it happen or not 

• Parthu3 weeks agoReport

Dutch treat... you got a point there.....

god is first sex is for marriage people only get to learn the person likes and dislikes what makes them tick happy times plus sad times health issues what they see in life to grow close to every one think first 

• ron h

Your friends would not get upset.  Either you chose the wrong words or these are not really friends.  OR you didn't really need to announce this at all.  You could have just done what's right for you.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate and reassess your friend's list?

Worthy friends do not try and pressure their friends into doing things they don't want to do! All they are doing is trying selfishly to fulfill their own wants, and needs!

They would simply use you if you allowed them to.. So why do you continue to call them friends?

You have been spreading it around so much and now you closed the barn door. Good luck on getting any of those guys to wait 3 months for you to have sex with them. You may wind up  having to ask them to come back. 

• Boz

You're being naive - guys want sex.You made it of limits - now they are annoyed - they are not your friends,they are more like sex pests if they get pissy about it.

Look after yourself and your body,it is not theirs to make claims on,it is yours to gift to who you wish to.

• Dr. Stephanie
      3 weeks agoReport

AMEN! Good advice and perception.

Because you are still expecting such men to pay for everything and put up with all your sh*t tests and s***ty behavior the entire time before you even are willing to give them sex...and i can guarantee the kind of sex you think men want ISN'T what men want.

..I mean who wants to do all the work while the woman lies there the entire time, avoiding eye contact and acting like a starfish or corpse on the bed...no thanks...

That's why they're mad you dingbat. They just wanted in your pants and now you made it clear that it's not gonna happen. No you're not wrong but you're a girl that hangs out alone with a bunch of guys they're gonna want what they can't have and they're not really your friends they're a bunch of nasty buzzards hanging around until you have a weak moment so they can swoop in for the kill. They're creepy and they're terrible people no you're not wrong for wanting to settle down with someone you have feelings for but don't hang out with a bunch of guys it looks bad. Also learn more about them because the fact that you think none of your guy friends would be unhappy it's very naive that you think they would be happy for you when they were trying to get in your pants and when you get into a relationship i doubt your partner would be okay with you being friends with a bunch of idiots who wanna bang you. You need to learn to pick better friends.

• Nickname
      3 weeks agoReport

Come o
      n ana, any guy who is in it just for sex and doesn’t care about woman or responsability, is a rapist not a normality.

In my opinion I think you are hanging around the wrong crowd. If you let your guard down then I think you will either become a mother, sick, or both, or single with a child, or children, and your male partner will be a loser.

I am not saying there is something wrong with you becoming a mother if this is something you want, but if you were to overlook important stuff, and you end up becoming a mother then I would say yes there is something wrong with it.

I don't think the same way as those males. I think differently. I am bettering my life while those males who you are spending your time with are trying to f**k up your life. You only have 1 life, so you can choose what you want to do with it.

I want to make the best out of my life. How about you?

I am a male by the way.

Alana, you seem to know what your future holds, and you have good intentions, so hold to your concerns and feelings, and young men will respect themselves learning to garner your attention, and achieve a compatible relationship by earning it. Now, that said, keep in mind sharing sexual pleasure is potentially addictive, for both girls and guys, and consider a beautiful girl like yourself, you were simply a fantastic experience for the guys. No doubt, they are in withdrawal, of sorts, but you likely did the right thing.