When connecting your MP3 player or cell phone to your car stereo you have to adjust the the volume on both the MP3 player and car stereo...?

How do you make it so you only have to raise the volume on the car stereo? It gets so annoying having to adhust the volume on both devices. And sometimes if you dont get it right it can cause static, distortion or blow the speakers. 

For example, when you hook up a dvd player to your tv, you dont have to adjust the volume on the dvd player, it just comes out direct. So how do you do this in car audio? (Im hoping maybe theres a special app or something) Thanks

No one understood the question....All i want to do is plug my phone to my stereo and not have to adjust the volume on my phone, just the stereo. Just like when you hook up a DVD player to a TV you dont need to adjust the sound on the DVD player.

I just want the sound to come out 100% percent max automatic everytime from my cellphone when connecting it to my car stereo via cable (just like a DVD player sends the sound out automatically to the TV) (i dont want to keep adjusting the volume up and down on my cellphone)

Favorite Answer

If you are plugging the phone/mp3 player to the aux jack on the stereo you will want to adjust the device volume first, then adjust the stereo's volume.

I usually turn my phone's volume all the way up, then bump it down one notch - and it sounds fine.  If a song has a lot of low end I will sometimes bump it down one more notch.

If you are using bluetooth, then you can just crank up the device volume - it won't overdrive.

• River Euphrates
      3 weeks agoReport

The only time it is a minor annoyance is if the phone has rebooted and it throws up some kind of message about 'high volume level' when I go to crank it up.

Have the stereo at the level you normally use, then increase volume on the phone until it distorts, then back it off until the sound is clear and undistorted. If you need more volume, control that with the stereo. Take care to not overload the input by playing the phone too loud. That's all you can do because of the way these things are made, and program may vary . When it does, you need to adjust it. It will never be different from that.

How much more difficult can this be for you? Let me give you two choice. Neither replace your phone for an aftermarket HU or quit car audio and find a new hobby.

Max out the volume on the phone and adjust the volume on the head unit.  Adjust as required.  You are not crossing a desert here.

• River Euphrates
      4 weeks agoReport

Maxing out the volume on most phones will cause distortion - bumping it down at least one notch is usually best.

• Your phone or the MP3 will be the output signal. But if you're using the music's app on the head unit, the head unit will be the output signal.

If you're using the phone or the MP3, the volume on the phone or the MP3 should be set up to it's highest. Then your main single volume will be on the head unit.

Distortion will occur from the head unit's volume. But if you were to reverse it and crank the head unit's volume to the highest, distortion will occur from the phone or the MP3.

If you were to install an amplifier, the gain should be set to the output signal to whatever the amplifier's RCA input is connected to.

• Ramiro4 weeks agoReport

Yes i know the phone is the output signal, but there must be a way to permanatly have the sound come out of it at max\automatic everytime. Maybe some phones come with that option, maybe theres even a special App etcetera

• Bill

Start with the car stereo and mp3 player both at minimum volume. Increase the player volume to maximum or until you can hear it, then increase the stereo volume.

• River Euphrates
      4 weeks agoReport

Turn the device volume all the way up, and the stereo volume at about 50%.

Then start turning up the stereo - if you hear distortion, then bump the device volume down one notch and keep turning up the stereo.  If you still hear distortion give it another bump down.