Trisha
Lv 4
Trisha asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

Is calling a two-year-old dog a “puppy” comparable to calling a high schooler a “child”?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Peggy
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

A child ceases being a child when they reach the age of majority - which varies from country to country.  Here in U.K. it used to be 21 but is now 18. At 18 we are adult and don't need parental consent for many things that used to need it when 21 when I was younger.  I don't know how old a dog needs to be to be the equivalent of either 18 or 21.  Your vet would certainly know the answer to that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

A dog is a puppy until it is 18 months old & is not mature until they are 3 yrs old. To me a high school student is a child. Not even out on their own, still totally dependant on parents.

So, yeah, I think so.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Some dogs still are puppies at that age, some people refer to their dogs as pups well after that, LOL, my 14 year old whippet used to hang his head in shame if called *bad puppy*, he was a good 'union...

• 3 weeks ago

sounds like thats what it is

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Puppy is a general term that can refer to either the physical development or the behavior of a dog. In general, a dog that is two might still exhibit puppy-like behavior but it will be a fully developed dog physically. I think the very same logic can be applied to adolescents as well.

• 3 weeks ago

These days, a high schooler is a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.