promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Would rib eye steaks, buttered bread, potatoes, coffee and cake be good to serve to a bunch of seniors over 85?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • P.L.
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

For some of them it would be fine but please have an alternative menu for those who might not want that or be able to eat it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I dont think so. Many seniors have dentures or loose teeth and cant eat steak. I would suggest hamburger or fish instead with a fresh vegetable. Leave out the potatoes and have buttered bread. Coffee and cake is good but have tea available also.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dustbindiva
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

But you are not typical of most older people. It is great that you can eat what you want. Not everyone has their own teeth or has good dentures. You are lucky.

• Too bland. Some of us grew up in places (new york) that ate "foreign foods" like spaghetti, rice and beans etc as far back as the 1930s.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If they're still able to eat that menu, why the H**l not, Go for it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's carb loaded.  Go for chicken.  Easier to chew.  Add a salad and veggie and you're good.  California mix (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower) pretty to look at and tasty.  

• 2 months ago

One time a senior citizen was having a 85th birthday party given by his old friends. They even hired a stripper to come to the party. She busted into the room hollering,"Who's for supper sex?" The 85 year old looked up from eating his ice cream and said, "I'll have the soup!"

• 2 months ago

No matter what you choose you will find a given % of them will not be able to eat it due to some health problem, like teeth/gum problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, and so on....I think your list is very good and will satisfy most people. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I don't understand - what meal, lunch or dinner or what, is being talked about here?  Do you have steak for breakfast?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if want half of them to be up for 24 hours or more...

• Bent
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Only if you're an heir to their fortunes and are trying to hurry things up.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Steak may be too hard for them to chew.

Try going with roast beef or pork. Or fish.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I think that's also my mothers favorite. But even her teeth are too tender for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.