What's is like driving a car?

I've been one always driven around or who took public transportation but this summer I'm going for drivers ed. I decided to do so because I want to finally drive myself around. But I'm wondering if it is scary for a first timer or not. I know how I'm getting a car, my sister is letting me pay hers off and she will give it to me when I get my license.

It was scary at 15 1/2, at first, an 18 foot Olds Vista Cruiser wagon , or the '68 Dodge club cab with camper. 

Now at 63, I enjoy the Freedom. It's worth it. No waiting for bus ,walking., bicycling when it's 28 or 110 degrees  and my ear wax  melts  .Worth the insurance, renewal cost, even the payments I once had to make. Even my  sluggish old car can still do speed limit, and 65 in R lane on freeway. .Gets me there And my cargo  and dog. Try taking a pooch and firewood or a Date  on a Bus or Bicycle.. 

Or riding my Harley. I drove all weekend, Missed her So.   The Ultimate freedom except flying in an open cockpit Waco. 

• Scott

No, it's not scary. It's another way to be independent.

• noname3 weeks agoReport

It IS at 15, sure Can Be. Or rather, Better Be.  Highest driver deaths are teenaged boys, just learning.

Its very liberating and gives you a lot of freedom. Its fun and a priviledge it is not a right.  Enjoy it

• noname3 weeks agoReport

Grave Responsibility but with every adult  privilege is  freedom and independence.