Does your boss have to give you two 15 min breaks if you work an 8 hour day and only get a non paid 30 min lunch break?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

IT depends on your state or your countries LAWS.. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

That depends on where you are.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That can depend on where you work. Some states require employers to provide a meal break, rest breaks, or both. Other states do not require either meal or rest breaks nor does Federal law.

• 3 weeks ago

i think he does

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

That depends on the persons local labor laws. In most states of the US employers are only required by law to give people under 18 breaks. There is no state or federal law requiring an employer in the US to give any breaks at all to people over the age of 18. Employers can literally demand an employee works 24/7 and fire them if they don't. Thankfully most employers realize their slaves need sleep.

There's a company in my area taking advantage of the way the labor laws are any more; Workers only get one 20 minute break all day long no matter how many hours they work and they work them a minimum of 16 hours per day 7 days per week. If a worker misses one day or takes 21 minutes for their break one time they get fired. And it's 100% legal for the employer to do this.

The US is enslaved.

• Amy3 weeks agoReport

It’s okay I just hate people then. People are beyond ****** up. They just prove why I hate humanity 

• 3 weeks ago

Not according to federal law. Lunch breaks aren't required, either. Some states mandate breaks and their length, and if you are covered under a union contract that addresses the subject, you have an avenue for addressing not being given those breaks.

• 3 weeks ago

I think the legal minimum is two ten minute breaks but that law is widely ignored and you will find yourself out of a job if you try to push it.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

yes, thats how it works

• 3 weeks ago

No.

You have to work 8.5 hours for 2 10 minute breaks.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No.

You definitely have to take a 30 minute lunch after 5 hours. Unless you're working for a job that requires you to be in attendance all 8 hours.

Then you get a paid lunch and 2 10 minute breaks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.