Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

is it true that the Chinese sailed to Italy in 1434 for the first time and sparked the Renaissance?

I am reading a book now about how the Chinese came to Italy in 1434 and gave all kinds of knowledge about things that Europeans never knew of or had discovered and later they went onto copy these things of knowledge , ex. the things attributed to the guy who invented the idea of the helicopter, submarine, etc were all given to them via the Chinese in this trip. Also they say that the Chinese went to America first and gave knowledge about America to the Europeans?

Update:

HOW DID THE CHINESE GET TO ITALY? DID THEY COME VIA THE CAPE OF GOOD HOPE OR DID THEY ACTUALLY GO UNDER SOUTH AMERICA AND ACROSS THE ATLANTIC?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Speaking with a big city American education, I highly, highly doubt this. Around the time frame you were talking about, famous explorers made trips TO China. And they didn’t just give up their valuable trade secrets. On top of this, the Chinese had no incentive to explore the Americas. We were trying to get to China. China was already sitting on the wealth. Plus, the Atlantic is about 1/4 as wide as the Pacific, making Chinese exploration much harder and much less rewarding. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Hadia4 weeks agoReport

Europe around this time was on the verge of the Renaissance, yes, but was still recovering from the Black Death, which severely cut down its population. It also had no version of spices or exotic porcelain for China to generate a huge demand for.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

No, ALIENS!!!!!!!1111!!!!!! BIG BRAIN ALIENS MAKE BIG BRAIN HOOMANS!!!!

Source(s): big peepee
  • 4 weeks ago

First time I hear of that. It's quite possible. But, it's best to keep an open mind about the past, especially distant past, because it could be nothing like how it was thought to be.

And, of course there was contact between ancient civilisations around the world.   

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i think it could be true

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Phil
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

So would you like to inform us of the title of said book, and its author ? Thank You.

• Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

it is called "1434" and you can find it on Amazon

• 4 weeks ago

Uhhhhh ...

No.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Nope.................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.