promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which laptop takes dial-up?

I need a laptop, but, I've tried some and they don't take dial-up. Do you know which laptop takes dial-up and is under $300 ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Dial up not already connected with the Laptop, So you have to connect it.. 

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

dial up. roflolololololol

• 2 months ago

This article will show you how to connect to your iiNet Dialup internet on a computer running Windows 10.

• 2 months ago

Laptops don't come with build-in modems anymore. You'll want to plug in any laptop to a dial-up modem with an Ethernet cable.

If you wanted an old laptop and don't mind the slow speeds, however, then you could probably pick one up at an old electronic hardware store somewhere for cheap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any computer that can do dial-up today won't work with anything.

• 2 months ago

i would ask them at a computer store

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

They should get a laugh out of that, if they even know what you're talking about.  Ask about auto-speed-hunt, while you're at it, and 25-pin RS-232 plugs.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would ask at a computer place and then buy a used one from amazon and then you wont have to pay as much

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Dial-up? Get any laptop and connect it to a dial-up modem through the ethernet port. Way back then, you buy your own modem but at present, ISPs provide you one when you subscribe to them.

• 2 months ago

I don't think any modern laptop from the past 7 or so years comes with a builtin modem anymore. However, you can buy a relatively cheap USB 56k modem from Amazon or similar: https://www.amazon.com/External-Voice-Modem-Window...

• 2 months ago

If you want to get data from a phone line, you need an external modem to plug into a USB port.  Cheap units are available.

No modern laptops have the modem port (looks like ethernet network cable port, but smaller).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.