Are there any alternatives to Itunes for Android?

Got Google Play thinking it would be similar to Itunes but the UI is awful. Doesn't upload half the songs you want, and operates like a faux streaming service for your music. I was curious if there were alternatives that operated similar to Itunes for those who want to upload songs to a computer, select songs, upload to a phone and listen online?

Spotify is great, available both for desktops and phones, so you do not have to waste your time downloading songs on the computer and then to the phone.

This is an advantage of Android. You don't need the awful iTunes or other music manager program. You can download mp3s directly on the phone or on your PC and transfer them to your phone via USB or Wi-Fi or a seemingly myriad number of ways.

What I personally do is to rip my audio CDs on my PC. I then connect my phone via USB and open it in the PC's file explorer. I drag and drop my music files from my PC to the phone's internal storage (or SD card) and that's it. I use Pulsar Pro music player on Android, but VLC is also a very good and free media player.

Never used iTunes. I don't know of any that handle library synchronization, but you can drag and drop to/from your computer easily enough with a USB cable, or eject the SD card and put it in your computer.. VLC for Android is pretty decent.

• Dave

You don't need anything. Just upload the mp3's to your phone into the proper music folder, and hit play. It's a simple copy and paste.