Nick asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 weeks ago

Should I get Driver booster on my Windows 10 PC or does windows update my drivers?

• Lv 7
    Favorite Answer

no and no.

first of all, your PC comes with all drivers when you buy it. only if you reinstall Windows would you need to install drivers.

and Driver Booster and all those other apps are all garbage as they often give you bad drivers. you should ALWAYS go to your PC manufacturer or motherboard maker's website for drivers. they are free, and are the officially approved drivers.

otherwise, unless something is not working, DON'T just update drivers for no reason. it causes more problems than it solves.

No don't get any 3rd party driver updater it's probably malware. Just go to the website for whoever made your computer and update the drivers there.

• keerok

As far as drivers go, you only need to install them once, when you install the OS. The only other time you will need to install a driver is when you install a new hardware part. Never ever give permission to any program from automatically accessing your computer., not even your OS!

I would avoid the driver "manager" programs unless you have a very obscure piece of hardware that is not very easy to find for whatever reason.

Windows 10 will generally download the latest drivers, but I prefer to download the latest ones directly from the manufacturer of the computer or hardware device.

• Dave

Your PC should come with something similar. All Dells and HP's do. Not knowing what you have I can't tell you for sure, but I always recommend you avoid third party software that has that level of access to your PC.

And yes, windows 10 does do driver updates automatically.