Random shift flare?

2011 Chevy malibu 2.4 liter flex fuel 6 speed automatic transmission. I get once a week to every two weeks shift flares. The rpm will go up 1-3 hundred rpm and drop. I always try to drive the same. I know these cars have adaptive transmissions. Learns how you drive. I try my best to drive the same and sometimes you can t. The car shifts fine though. No hard shifts. This all started after I disconnected the battery terminals and the dealer told me it would take a few dozen drive cycles to relearn how I drive. I had to replace the battery in November and still doing it and almost February. Think a reflash of the tcm would help? I asked a family friend who s a mechanic and thinks it s software related. Cause forums say that my transmission is slipping. If that was the case, it would be doing it every time and he agreed when I meme mentioned it to him. Thanks in advance

3 Answers

Relevance
  • bo
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you still having this problem. we have given you answers before have you tried any of them

• 3 weeks ago

Next time you need an oil change go to the dealer and tell them about it. There may be a PCM reflash to take care of that problem.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

See a mechanic with a dealer level scanner and check for trouble codes.  Change the transmission fluid (drain and fill only).

• Scott3 weeks agoReport

There isn't any trouble codes and the fluid has been changed already. Changed the day after I disconnected the battery terminals.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.