Random shift flare?

2011 Chevy malibu 2.4 liter flex fuel 6 speed automatic transmission. I get once a week to every two weeks shift flares. The rpm will go up 1-3 hundred rpm and drop. I always try to drive the same. I know these cars have adaptive transmissions. Learns how you drive. I try my best to drive the same and sometimes you can t. The car shifts fine though. No hard shifts. This all started after I disconnected the battery terminals and the dealer told me it would take a few dozen drive cycles to relearn how I drive. I had to replace the battery in November and still doing it and almost February. Think a reflash of the tcm would help? I asked a family friend who s a mechanic and thinks it s software related. Cause forums say that my transmission is slipping. If that was the case, it would be doing it every time and he agreed when I meme mentioned it to him. Thanks in advance

• bo

you still having this problem. we have given you answers before have you tried any of them

Next time you need an oil change go to the dealer and tell them about it. There may be a PCM reflash to take care of that problem.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

See a mechanic with a dealer level scanner and check for trouble codes.  Change the transmission fluid (drain and fill only).

• Scott3 weeks agoReport

There isn't any trouble codes and the fluid has been changed already. Changed the day after I disconnected the battery terminals.