When I bought my car, I found this small plastic piece, but can’t find where it goes?

I have a VW 2016 beetle. The entire inside is black. Attached is the picture of the piece I’m talking about. It’s a small piece that looks as if it clips onto something 

• zipper

It would be nice if we could see it, go to the dealer and ask them there; most of them will be happy to advise you!

• Kyla2 months agoReport

It’s a pretty small piece and there is not a VW dealership near me. Also I’m more just curious of where it goes, I’ll post more pictures for everybody too

A bigger picture might've been helpful.  It may or may not actually be a piece of the car.

If you happen to be near a VW dealer you could always stop in and ask their maintenance or parts department if they can identify it.

• Kyla2 months agoReport

It’s a pretty small piece and there is not a VW dealership near me. Also I’m more just curious of where it goes, I’ll post more pictures for everybody too. I believe it’s part of the car cause the plastic and finish seems to match other pieces, just can’t find where it goes / a similar shape 

Could be a piece from the seat that broke off.

When in doubt, tie it with thread and hang from center mirror so when you do discover where it goes, you got the piece.   Am thinking the hand may rot away and die though.

Not obvious from the picture, but I will bet that the driver's seat belt used to have this on it so as to limit the movement of the sholder strap and make things a little more comfortable

• Kyla2 months agoReport

I just went out and checked, no pieces are missing from any of the seatbelts.

It looks like the thingy that locks the door or a button that tunes the radio.

• Kyla2 months agoReport

I know it isn’t a button or a lock on either of the doors, I’ve checked the whole thing top to bottom, or atleast tried, and haven’t found a missing piece yet 

• DEBS

If I were selling a car, I might just put a piece like that in the car knowing that the new owners would drive themselves crazy trying to figure out where it goes. 

• Kyla2 months agoReport

Tbh, they might have done that. I bought it in August and it still nags me