promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 months ago

do you live in or near a "dangerous" city and if so, what is the city?

do you live in or near a "dangerous" city and if so, what?

I'm currently near Nashville, TN which has a lot of crime (i'm in the army at ft campbell). I'm from Ocala, Fl which is said to have a high crime rate.  

do you live in or near a "dangerous" city and if so, what is the city?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I live between Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE. Two of the worse cities on the east coast. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I live an hour away from a 'dangerous' city, and the 'if so' name is Toronto.

It's a damn big city, fourth largest in North America, and it has a crime rate.  I have no idea where it ranks on the list of big city crime rates in North America, because it doesn't make any of the lists.  Neither to a lot of American cities, thanks to Mexico.

Toronto (aka Tee-Oh, the Big Smoke, Hogtown, the 416, the city everyone loves to hate, etc.) doesn't even have the highest murder rate by population in Canada.  But it's definitely not the safest town in North America, in fact it's probably more dangerous than Nashville.  Lots of gang shootings, which is pretty impressive in a country that doesn't allow anyone to carry guns around, and quite a few rapes and armed robberies.  I'm not afraid of much, but even I won't walk through parts of Tronno (local pronunciation) alone.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I live in Los Angeles where the police monkey with the crime stats and where even some violent crimes aren't considered felonies. So I couldn't really tell you the actual crime rates of this city.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I live about an hour's drive from Philadelphia, where over 30 people have been murdered, just since the start of 2020. If that doesn't meet your criteria for a "dangerous" city, I don't know what will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Nashville has a relatively low crime rate. The biggest problem in the traffic. I live in a city with a higher crime rate, but most of it doesn't affect me. Murders are almost always among gangs and drug dealers, or relatives who get mad at each other when they're drunk. The rest of us are not at much risk. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Define near, as in distance or time wise.

My town has a very low crime rate, most crime is committed by out of town people.

• 2 months ago

I live in San Francisco, CA and don’t regard it as particularly dangerous for a city of its size. What is most alarming about living in this city is the amount of homelessness, substance abuse, and brazen property crime everywhere. I’ve witnessed many car break ins and other robberies in or near tourist spots. In SF you have to be very careful with your belongings or they will be stolen.

• Starlight 1
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

SF has always had a homeless problem, and it always will, as long as housing remains so completely unaffordable there. The rent control laws are largely to blame for a lot of the issues that city has. Don't get me wrong- I love SF and visit it every time I go to CA, but it's a mess.

• marty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I live in the middle of nowhere. My nearest neighbor is 5 miles away and nearest large city is over 200 miles away. Besides some coyotes stealing chickens, we live crime free.

• 2 months ago

I live near a "dangerous" small town (small towns frequently have higher crime rates per capita than most large cities).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.