How many days can an 18 y/o miss from school and still graduate.?

I live in illinois. Ever since i got a job, school seems like a hassle, i still go and my grades are good. Also can they enforce in school suspension or lunch detention since im 18

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes they can enforce detention your a kid in school

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

Each school district has varying policies, and some are stricter than others. You’d have to inquire directly. Some schools consider three tardies and absence, others excuse it.

• 3 weeks ago

just learn how to ask....do want fries with that?

• 3 weeks ago

Days missed depends on your schools policy and they sure can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

students in Illinois are require to attend 176 days of school, give or take 3-5 sick days. if youre missing like 10 or 15 days, you'll most likely have to retake the grade or attend summer school. Your job SERIOUSLY needs to be a second priority. A high school diploma is a basic necessities for all further jobs and youre jeopardizing it.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You would need to check your high school’s handbook or the school district. That information may be online on their web sites. Or call and ask. 

Your grades won’t stop them from normal procedures when a student has missed too many days of school.

You still have no good excuse for missing school. Your school district would send notification to your parents.  Both you and your parents can be held responsible and face consequences. 

• ...Show all comments
    • drip
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Check schools district rules. In IL your parents may not be held responsible since you are 18.  But you will

• 3 weeks ago

First, the number of days depends on the policy in your particular school system. There should be a list of regulations on the website for your school or school district.

Second, employers cannot legally schedule a student to work during school hours. If your employer is doing that, that's a violation that should be reported. 

Yes, they can still enforce school suspension or detention. You can drop out of school when you're 18, but you can't ignore the school rules. They decide whether you get your diploma, remember. Without it, you'll be at a disadvantage the rest of your life. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.