Liza asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Hysterectomy?

I'm 33 and I have two kids. I don't want any more kids. After my second child, my hormones drastically changed. I have my period every 21 days whereas before they came every 28 days. Prior to my period I suffer from HORRIBLE PMS for 7-10 days. So that's 14 days that I'm not myself and basically 14 days of "normal". I'm a very happy go lucky, and chipper and joyful person. I HATE being grumpy. I always see the positive in everything. This is just who I am. I say this just to let you all know that I am not a depressed person.

With that said. I am recently divorced (although not heart broken about it at all). It was just a very toxic marriage and I don't want to go into detail of it. So until I can get myself back on my feet, I am living with my parents. My Dad isn't too much better than my husband and he makes living at home unbearable even though I and gone for 9 hours a day and speak to him very little. He is a miserable person, he is degrading with his words and he cannot handle his emotions whatsoever. He yells and screams when he doesn't get his way or if my Mom and I don't go in with his control. He won't get help and "it's everyone else' fault he is this way". So with that said. I KNOW this type of environment is NOT healthy and I plan on moving out the second I pay off my car (only $10,000 left). I know this is one of my leading causes of stress-my dad. But the PMS is unbearable and I am thinking about getting a hysterectomy. Should I wait until I move out?

This is what Web MD has to say.

Sure, you bleed during the week that you take the sugar pills, but technically that’s “monthly withdrawal bleeding.” It’s slightly different than a regular period.Normally, you ovulate in the middle of your menstrual cycle. If the egg your ovaries release isn’t fertilized, your hormone levels drop, causing you to shed the lining inside your uterus, and you get your period.Birth control pills, though, prevent ovulation. With most types, you take hormones for 3 weeks followed by 1 week of pills without them. Though they keep your body from releasing an egg, they don’t prevent it from building up the lining of your uterus all month. The period-like bleeding during that fourth week is your body’s reaction to the lack of hormones from the last week of the pill.

• Ace Shorty

It would seem to me that you said your problem started after you had your 2nd child and you were in a toxic relationship I found a site that says stress can mess you up and I am sure you was probably having a lot of it. It also said that be overweight can cause you problems also.

You are 33 and living with mom and dad until you pay off your car?  Laughable.

And what is happening to your children in that atmosphere.

Physicians don't do hysterectomies because of PMS.  Hysterectomies are NOT "on demand" surgeries.

Try therapy.

• Edna

Having a hysterectomy to remove the uterus will NOT reduce symptoms of PMS. PMS is controlled by your hormones, and removing the uterus doesn't affect your hormones. The uterus is just a hollow organ and serves no purpose except  to incubate an unborn child.  

it

wont

help your issue, but if you really wish to, then

i

suggest that you wait. and no, that environment is not healthy for you or your children, and

i

would try to get them out as soon as possible. it can be very damaging to listen to someone shout and berate you or your family all day. 

IF you can find a Dr willing to do it, a hysterectomy will be 6-8 weeks off work to heal. Take that into consideration. You may want a little savings to get by on before getting a surgery.

Offs are, you will just be given hormonal birth control to deal with your symptoms

No doctor is going to give somebody your age a hysterectomy unless your uterus is full of infections, cysts or cancer and even then, there's other procedures they would try first.  It's still producing hormones that 'tell' all your other glands to produce their hormones.  From what it sounds, yours might be overproducing some.  You need a blood test to determine why this is happening and fix it.

Source;  personal experience. After long periods, painful cramps, etc., I begged my doctors since I was in my teens to take mine out.  They put me on supplemental hormones when they figured out my chemical imbalance and the various tests and procedures (endometrial ablation and biopsies - painful and traumatic) are no fun.

consider this very carefully, read up on all that entails in the procedure. The recovery for a hysterectomy is no doubt very lengthy and probably debilitating - i mean look at where it is on your body. You're going to be out of action for a bit, with pain meds, not feeling great post-surgery and missing work/other commitments/ your kids and then you might be staying in an environment you despise. This will not be good for you

Trust me, PMS and everything sucks, I know, we all know one gal to another. But clearly your dad is out of control. Your actions are IN control. Not easy, AT ALL, but still on you. Also you may experience PMS post-hysterectomy simply becuase of the clusterfuck you've put your body through.

I'd say wait until you have a good environment to back you up.

• k w

wow, you better read both of these, then sleep on it, then, decide what to do

• Eva

You will need care for a few weeks after the surgery. It might be better to have it while you're still living with your parents so that your mom can help you for a bit.

• Tulip

There is no such thing as an elective hysterectomy

• kelvin

you would need too discuss that with a doctor first and unless you have some life threating medical problem no qualified doctor will do one