Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

What's the BEST ans SAFEST way to get money to a relative in the UK?

I need to send $400 US to an aunt in England (she is aged ) and has a daughter who helps her.

I have her address but am wondering would a bank money order or an international postal order would be best?

Update:

If I sent it by mail what way would be the most secure?

Bank money order or postal money order?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Western Union...................

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Very unlikely that your aunt has a $ account.  If you send her dollars, she will have to turned this into £ when it hits her account.  The exchange rate will be terrible, her bank will take 20%.    You don't say what the money is for but if she will be using it to buy something, maybe you should buy the item and then get it shipped directly to her?

• 4 weeks ago

You transfer the funds...perhaps a small charge, but it will be nearly immediate. 

• 4 weeks ago

These approaches can be used, but wire transfers or electronic bank transfers are faster, although a fee may be charged. These transfers may work very well, and they are credited immediately if she or her daughter have a bank account.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Don't send it by mail. You can do a direct transfer from your bank to her bank. Just get her bank details.

• 4 weeks ago

Transferwise.com

All you need is her bank account (IBAN) and your bank account.

There is a fee but she would have the money, most like, by Wednesday.

• 4 weeks ago

The best way is to transfer or deposit it directly in to her bank.

Ask her for the SWIFTBIC and IBAN codes - they should be given on bank statements. With those, you can make a transfer directly to her account.

There will be a small fee, but probably no more than for a money order etc., and you know it's gone in to the correct account.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.