Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 4 weeks ago

Why printers fail so much?

I would like to point that I had problems with all the printers I had at home for the last 10 years, and I had problems with all the printers I used in my jobs for the last 3 years.

Favorite Answer

Compatibility, drivers, cheap cables, bad manufacturing quality, dust... Million reasons.. I CAN'T STAND THEM

•  cheap cables and drivers...then low qualitty

• John

That's when I bought a Canon printer.

User error or problems with manufacturing quality.

Source(s): My friend had a nice HP printer for a few years. Paper indicator sensor failed. HP said no parts, no repairs possible. He junked it and got an Epson. Very happy.
  • Lv 7

because you use cheap crappy paper instead of quality paper.

i never have any issues with mine, as i buy only HP paper...

I've had mine for years and it's still going strong. You probably have a lemon. The Epson XP830 is a great reliable printer...and really really super at scanning and digitizing photos.

• P

Current Inkjet printers for the most part are made extremely cheaply often priced less than 2 full sets of cartigriges.  They can sell more printers that way and force people to buy different cartridges.   Ink jet technology is also inherently flawed in that they clog easily, especially when used infrequently.   If you want a printer that can last a decade buy a laser printer.  

I've never had that problem.  Only had 3 printers in the last 15 years.   The one I have now cost only $50.  Got it refurbished from Walmart.  

Cause people buy the trash that don't cost as much as the ink cartridges that go into them.  You want a printer to last, stop buying the el cheapos.  Spend more.  Say, $400 for some of the better Ecotanks from Epson.  They have two YEARS of ink in the printer when you buy it.  Then you refill just the ink, not replace the entire cartridge.