does microsoft windows 10 read your private files and emails?

and what can you do if you feel that is an invasion of privacy and are not happy about it?

i asked yesterday does windows 10 spy on its users and record everything you do and send that information back to microsoft...and someone replied ' yes, microsoft can even read your files and emails without notifying you'.

i still have windows 7 and have yet to move up to windows 10, but i am not happy about this news, i am in the uk.....what can be done here?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

ok so that one guy was trolling you

1. windows 10 DID have some basic tracking info that was sent back, which are just the system logs, without notifying the end user. This only existed on the first few generations of windows 10.

2. since 2018 you have been able to opt out of any and all data collection at install (you can download a 3rd party tool to do it after the fact)

3. Microsoft would stop existing if it sent back personal files or emails, the government would have sued them (as they use windows 10 as well) 

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No it does not.                                        .....................

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.