Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 3 weeks ago

Should I get new car stereo installed or bluetooth speaker for iphone?

I have a 10 yr old Hyundai Elantra with 205,000 miles on it. Just replaced the alternator. My car stereo has been bad for a while. Should I pay $110 (parts and labor) to get a new radio or should I just get a bluetooth speaker for the car for my iphone and listen to the radio through that?

Get a bluetooth speaker to enjoy at home. Your Hyundai still being roadworthy at that mileage is surprising, but if you took good care of it, good for you. A bluetooth speaker will serve you while your car is in the shop for major repair that probably is way overdue.

When OEM radio quit in my '86,  I found  a $5 CD player/radio/25 WPC, 4 channels,  at a swap. The  guy was going  Bluetooth $2 adapter from EBay,  in in 15 minutes. 

Get a cheapo used stock stereo on Ebay and install it yourself.

• Cei

$110 to install a stereo??

It'll just be the head unit - you can pick one up on ebay for a faction of that and fit it yourself - 10 minute job.

• Jay P

Assuming the speakers in the vehicle are still okay, I'd buy a new head unit for the car.

A bluetooth speaker will work but having one speaker in the vehicle doesn't sound as nice as having 4 ( or whatever number are installed in the car ) speakers surrounding you.

• The Devil
      3 weeks agoReport

Try a STEREO bluetooth speaker