Can I still get pregnant?

I’ve been on birth control for 2, almost 3 weeks. I had sex  he ejaculated inside of me but I took Plan B the next morning. But after I took Plan B, we had sex 2 more times. Could I still get pregnant? Even tho I’m on birth control.

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

You've been on birth control for almost 3 weeks. When you're on hormonal birth control, you don't ever NEED to take Plan B and you're NEVER supposed to do so. 

When you're on hormonal birth control (the pill or an implant), he can ejaculate inside you as often as he wants to. Hormonal birth control prevents pregnancy. 

If you had read the instructions and warnings that came with Plan B, you would know that you're never supposed to take it if you're taking hormonal birth control and why you're never supposed to take it.

Yes you can still get pregnant. Getting ejaculated inside and consuming a plan b the next morning isn't gonna 100% make you not pregnant, there's always a small chance you could get pregnant. So in conclusion, yes, you can still get pregnant, but the chances are slim, unless you get very unlucky..

EVERY form of birth control has a failure rate.  Even combining methods of birth control might fail.

Taking the pill STOPS ovulation.

Taking plan B DELAYS ovulation.

So - WHY did you take plan B to delay something that your birth control pill already stops.  

The CORRECT back up method for the pill is for the guy to use a condom.   Taking plan B is just a massive dose of the hormones you are already taking if  you have been correctly using your birth control pill.  

If you are taking your pill as directed, the chances of the pill failing is less than 1%.  Most of the failures on birth control pills is caused by NOT FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS.  

Did you even bother to READ the INFORMATION that came with your pills to understand how they work and when you are at risk of the pill failing?  

Of course you can.  But the chance, if you are using it as directed (and depending on the type of BC) can be very low.  But it's not zero.

Yes you could because you took plan b and that messes up your cycle for a moth or so and also messes up your birth control pill - why did you take plan b if on birth control pill as that stops you ovulating.

The Plan B was completely unnecessary - you have flooded your body with more of the same hormone you were already taking to suppress ovulation.

• Ranchmom1
      3 weeks agoReport

You aren't pregnant.