Why has American culture permeated Europe so deeply?

My family came from Munich and every few years growing up since the wall came down till I was grown we went back. Family drive us all over Europe. Last time I was there was 2002.

From 1990 to 2002 Europe was culturally distinct. The foods were different, the styles were different, the music was different.

Now dam near 40 and in the military I’m in Europe driving around between countries and....it’s totally different. America is everywhere now. Brands, stores, food, styles, music.

You hear English everywhere. What the heck happened? People tell me now in the world everywhere is either Russian, American or Chinese influence.

What’s going on?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Europe is over there we is over here; we should be different!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Culturally Americans come from Europe. Not genealogically, in the case of African-Americans, Asian-Americans or Native Americans, but culturally yes, Europe. Ergo Americans have a common language and reference points to influence Europeans and, since Americans also have the experience of throwing off the yoke of feeling inferiour to the aristocrats and the Kings, Americans give off the aura of being "free". Of course, now that may reverse due to Trump. The next "Frontline", if it is allowed to air, willl be about Hate: "New American Nazis" like those fellows Trump called "very fine people" after they marched at Charlottesville and killed a woman. Watch "Woman in Gold" starring Helen Mirren and you can see how the Anschluss could happen in Trump's America and ruin that feeling of being "free" so appealing to Europeans. But, to date, that was the reason that America could influence Europe so strongly. 

• John
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Says you about YOUR SELF. I don't get any of MY culture from Europe. Europe copies culture from here they could even make cheese until we taught them. And blowjobs? Their still in training!.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The English influence is more because it has been the lingua Franca of the EU

The food is more influenced by Asia than USA

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Movie screens, mostly. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Because of hollywood.

• 3 weeks ago

Americanization of Europe started happening after the second world war due to almost all previous culturally relevant buildings were levelled with the ground due to constant bombing. While Europe's respective countries still kept their cultures relatively intact for the succeeding decades after the war, different factors like the US becoming a world power, the dawn of the internet and globlization caused most of the western world to become interchangable and near-indistinguishable. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Inventions, discoveries, fashions etc. are subject to popularity regardless of origin. In other words, it's an international exchange of ideas affecting societies and cultures.

• John
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

"Your 'family' is from Europe"?

" your in the military"?

ROTFLMAO.

Ha ha ha ha ha...your a dunce.

Glad your far far away from me.

• ...Show all comments
    • John
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Throwing stones at friendlies really helps youall to win don it sweetiekins?

• 3 weeks ago

because at a time when Americans visited and doing business in European countries. since then American culture was mixed by European culture and after then American culture permeated Europe so deeply.

• 3 weeks ago

It's ethnic and racial cleansing. Europe is going to get bombarded with an African population that is bursting to the seems all over the continent. No nation, no culture, and no borders equals mass immigration.

• That has nothing to do with it... idiots to many idiots

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.